Brown Rice Stir-Fry with Tofu and Vegetables
IngredientsMakes 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 piece (3 inches) fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Coarse salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces baked, flavored tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger; stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add tofu; stir-fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add broccoli and yellow peppers; cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice and soy sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.